New York City
Washington DC Metro
Northern New Jersey
open house planner
manhattan condo market index
submit your listings
why sign up?
Become an Insider
post your listings
In case you are thinking about buying this property, here are some hard-won insights (current as of August 17, 2012) that may help you:
* The building comes with Tenants that are paying below-market rates.
* The tenant on the ground floor is a Hoarder (a real eyesore, interfered with inspection and appraisal, but not much of a problem for an enthusiastic new owner)
* The building has some serious structural issues - there is water in the basement and an extension on the back that has a particularly poor (and porous) foundation.
* We had it appraised and it came in ~150k below agreed price!
* Despite the sobering appraisal, sellers expect the buyer to eat the significant difference between appraisal and sales price
* In effect, this is a cash-deal