Printed from StreetEasy.com at 04:30 PM, Jul 28 2014
http://streeteasy.com/talk/discussion/25222-building-at-125-east-84th-street
Talk » Sales » Discussing 'building at 125 East 84th Street'

building at 125 East 84th Street
SAVE    RSS

9 comments

anyone have any information on this building?

Does anyone know any details about the Synagogue / School on 86th adding floors to the building which may block light / open views to the north-facing apartments, the C/D lines in this building? Is this happening?

Ignored comment. Unhide

All those classic 6 buildings on 84th St. in the 100s (address) - I have never understood why they trade to expensive- $1200 per square foot for old housing stock. Never made sense to me, not even for the PS 6 address.

Thank you for the info NWT - exactly what I wanted to know. You are right, 85th, and good point about those tenements buildings too.

There wasn't a lot of light in many of those units to begin with--even those that cleared Ramaz--but this will certainly make the back of the building significantly darker.

The townhouses on 85th street could be developed, but there are individual owners in the units, so I imagine that it would be difficult. Besides, Ramaz covers most of the back of 125 East 84th.

I think that the buildings trade so well because they're off of Park, great layouts, small enough for a starter apartment for many families looking to remain in the UES.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Interesting thread. I'm interested in buying in the building and have wondered about negatives If the only negative is the light I don't think the apartment is dark. convenient, good location. seems quiet.

For what it's worth I had seen a couple of units and classic layout. Bit too rich in the downpayment (building requires 50%) ask but one can dream. I don't get the concern about the light. Mostly shorter buildings in the area and should they be rebuilt with additional floors, wouldn't compromise light. North light is less harsh than south - just my preference. On the price, still lower than anything with a Park Ave view but close enough to command more than any neighboring buildings to the east.

9 comments

Add your comment

Categories:

Rentals (2,681)
Market (1,456)
Neighborhoods (565)
Boards (253)
Renovation (1,699)
Anything (2,311)
Sales (22,692)
Developments (574)
Financing (471)