Printed from StreetEasy.com at 07:54 PM, Nov 22 2014
Talk » Neighborhoods » Discussing 'Why aren't we all living in Darien Ct?'

Why aren't we all living in Darien Ct?
SAVE    RSS

32 comments

3.5 million dollar house and ten grand in taxes WTF?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Ammar said the banker attacked him Dec. 22 with a 2½-inch blade and used racial slurs after a 40-mile ride from New York to the banker’s $3.4 million Darien, Connecticut home.

Jennings, who had attended a bank holiday party at a boutique hotel in Manhattan before hailing the cab, refused to pay the $204 fare upon arriving in his driveway, the driver said. When Ammar threatened to call the local police, Jennings said they wouldn’t do anything to help because he pays $10,000 in taxes, according to a report by the Darien police department.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-02/morgan-stanley-executive-jennings-is-charged-with-hate-crime-over-cab-fare.html

I looked up the street, it's unlikely that's a 3.4m home. Another article values it at 2.3m.

I think I agree with you. After thinking about it, I doubt he even knows what his taxes are, probably the wife pays them.

Ignored comment. Unhide

We are wrong.

Sold for 1.25m, 2004.

Circa 50's house, probably a significant reno, including expansion.

Sold for 3.65m, 2005.

Taxes (2010) - 28k .

I think we can all agree that he was an idiot.

Yellow cabs have cc readers. So pay the guy whatever, 300, 400 and then report him later on to taxi commission once he's out of the car - or even get take it up with cc company. Stupid to get into confrontation.

I agree with you nyc,

I wonder if he was miffed over his capped 100k cash bonus.

this is a funny thread although the MS realy ought to hang. Disgusting

good Lisbeth Salandering 10023, north of 95. pathethic behavior. pour your drunk cheap self into Metro North if you don't want to pay.

Comment removed.

not according to Jennings. It should only be $160

I think it's the morgan stanley way not to pay when you think you have a bad deal..

-----------------------------------
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aLYZhnfoXOSk

Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) — Morgan Stanley, the securities firm that spent more than $8 billion on commercial property in 2007, plans to relinquish five San Francisco office buildings to its lender two years after purchasing them from Blackstone Group LP near the top of the market.

“This isn’t a default or foreclosure situation,” Barnes said. “We are going to give them the properties to get out of the loan obligation.”

Comment removed.

No you won't you'll stab me with the pickle!

Comment removed.

it is a manifestation of a lack of cash bonuses. now bankers have to negotiate the cab fares hard!

It looks like their negotiating techniques need adjustment, cabbies aren't like the pushovers at the Treasury.

This has Bonfire of the vanities all over it.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide
Ignored comment. Unhide
Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
Comment removed.
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide

Morgan Stanley's bankers can't catch a break...
----------------

She was ready for the big time. Just the other day, in fact, Gristina/Scotland was sitting down at the office of her friend and business associate, a Morgan Stanley employee, to hear his plan for “expanding her operation through the Internet.”

http://dealbreaker.com/2012/03/manhattan-da-pumps-the-brakes-on-mommadams-brothel-business-just-as-it-was-about-to-really-take-off/

32 comments

Add your comment

Categories:

Rentals (2,731)
Market (1,457)
Neighborhoods (573)
Boards (267)
Renovation (1,747)
Anything (2,340)
Sales (22,874)
Developments (578)
Financing (475)