Printed from StreetEasy.com at 09:30 AM, Oct 24 2014
Talk » Sales » Discussing 'Is this sale a game changer?'

Is this sale a game changer?
SAVE    RSS

19 comments

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-18/manhattan-penthouse-sale-at-luxury-tower-sets-record.html

A duplex penthouse at a tower under construction on Manhattan’s West 57th Street went under contract for more than $90 million, setting a record for a single residence in the borough.

The 11,000-square-foot (1,000-square-meter) unit, spanning the 89th and 90th floors of the building known as One57, sold at a price between $8,000 and $9,000 a square foot, Gary Barnett, president of developer Extell Development Co., said in a telephone interview. He declined to name the buyer.

“You have a 10,000-square-foot trifecta this week,” said Jonathan Miller, president of New York appraiser Miller Samuel Inc. “There is a small group of affluent investors that are looking for trophy properties and New York has been happy to oblige. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more coming.”
Price Increases

The penthouse at One57 was listed for sale at $115 million after a series of price increases, according to Barnett.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Nyc is still THE place to have a trophy apt. Good for all of us.

Comment removed.

@ truth: i love that. Bankers being fired threads, lawyers out of work threads, goldman on the skids threads....meanwhile the money still says you havent made it if you arent in NYC.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Mine is bigger than yours! ~ AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Comment removed.
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.

media/tech/foreign money is the new banker/lawyer money

Ignored comment. Unhide

Last few months, I've seen a lot more brokers showing clients around, what new construction is being built is selling as well. People are looking for primary homes and investment properties.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Comment removed.
19 comments

Add your comment

Categories:

Rentals (2,735)
Market (1,456)
Neighborhoods (570)
Boards (264)
Renovation (1,748)
Anything (2,348)
Sales (22,883)