Printed from StreetEasy.com at 06:10 AM, Aug 30 2014
http://streeteasy.com/talk/discussion/33527-kitchen-cabinet-spray-painting
Talk » Renovation » Discussing 'Kitchen cabinet spray painting'

Kitchen cabinet spray painting
SAVE    RSS

5 comments

I have a 11'x 6' kitchen with wood cabinets on half of the walls. How much is a reasonable cost for sanding and spray painting the cabinet doors glossy white? I have seen some large numbers for both spray painting and refacing...not sure what is the market rate for this type of jobs.

Why not do it yourself? I did mine, EXACTLY what you have in mind, ie: Glossy White. It only costs about $6 for a bottle of spray paint at Home Depot, and the total job cost me well under $100. My kitchen is a little smaller than yours.

If you don't want to do it yourself, just buy the paint and pay someone to sand and spray for you.

In any case, make sure you have an open area to air dry the paint. You must take the doors down and air dry outdoor, the fumes from the spray paint will be too toxic for your kitchen.

Also, there are different brands of spray paint, try a few to make sure you find the brand that works best for your needs. There are several brands that do not give the GLOSSY white effect even though on the bottle they say it is glossy.

If you want, I can locate the brand that I used for my kitchen.

Good luck.

Thank you Superwoman! If you can locate the brands, it will be great!

This is the one I ended up using for my cabinets, rustoleum gloss white,
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=178

I bought mine from home depot.

so far this is the glossiest that I can find, try one bottle first and see how well it works for your kitchen. Again make sure you spray the doors outdoor.

btw I tried painting with latex and oil paint before, there are many brands that are advertised as GLOSS or HIGH gloss, that did not work for me at all. None generates the kind of HIGH GLOSS I have in mind , the rustoleum gloss white is the closest I can find.

Good luck...

Zippy:take them to an auto body shop for a quote.

5 comments

Add your comment

Categories:

Rentals (2,712)
Market (1,456)
Neighborhoods (568)
Boards (260)
Renovation (1,721)
Anything (2,334)
Sales (22,762)
Developments (576)
Financing (474)