Printed from StreetEasy.com at 04:16 PM, Oct 1 2014
Talk » Sales » Discussing 'Baltic Tower'

Baltic Tower
SAVE    RSS

11 comments

Anybody heard anything about this building?

i hear it is in move in condition, immediate occupancy, one block to subway, parking for rent, roofdeck with statue of liberty views, supermarket in the corner, trader joe's 10 min. away, close to prime avenue off smith and court streets, low maintenance, tax abatement, units come with balconies and easy to rent for an investor

i hear it is right across the street from the Hoyt street projects

It is across the street from the Projects. Way to many of them. It's actually at the near end of Hoyt street and further away from Smith Street. Loud radios playing on the corners, bad crowds. The building itself is a hunk of junk. I've been to many of the new developments and this one was poorly done. Walls and floors not level. If you look at the floor, you'll notice slopes. The view from the balconies from the back of the building are of ratted out buildings, backyards and of course, the projects. There was nothing interesting about the finishes. No amenities. It is true that it's close to a very nice neighborhood... it's unfortunate it's so close to the projects.

who wouldn't want to pay top dollar to get robbed when the cops, who surrond those projects, look the other way for a second. just 7 years ago, that block was 1/2 burnt out.

Elliman has been coming in and attempting to get top dollar on many Brooklyn developments that were/are less than desirable.

it is convenient to the subway, trader joe's, restaurants and bars. just don't look towards hoyt and it is really a great location for anything and everything that your heart desires.

i didn't see the floor plans. now that i see them, i feel like it's 2005 "You will build it and they will buy. ANYTHING" these are some cramped apartments to say the least.

Who in hell is buying in this building??? Did they go to see it? I can't believe they have so many in contract.

Ignored comment. Unhide

http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2008/11/sales_moving_al.php

According to this post on Brownstoner, they were bragging about being "close to the 50% mark in contract" last November. I can't imagine who bought here at $650 sq ft. Actually I can't imagine who bought here at all.

mjmsmith - interesting comment because now the building is fully occupied and has been for some time. There have even been some re-sales in the building. As far as amenities, the condo board recently completed a $50,000 renovation of the gym downstairs and is in the process of renovating doing a $300,000 renovation to the 3,000 square foot deck on the second floor. There has been no issues beyond the usual stuff in the neighborhood with the projects around the corner. The building has security cameras and a good relationship with the local precinct. The views from the AB lines, especially higher up, are incredible and unobstructed to the Verezano Bridge. The condo fees are way below average and it has a 15-year tax abatement.

mg, i'm a bad speller/grammerer, but you take the cace.

if a NEW building needs to throw $350K into renovations, i can only imagine how great of an investment this piece of crap really is.

11 comments

Add your comment

Categories:

Rentals (2,730)
Market (1,456)
Neighborhoods (570)
Boards (263)
Renovation (1,736)
Anything (2,345)
Sales (22,835)
Developments (577)
Financing (477)