If there is one October weekend architecture aficionados and fans of New York City history look forward to, it’s OHNY 2015 weekend. Open House New York will be held Saturday, Oct 17 and Sunday, Oct. 18 and is the one fall weekend when doors to NYC buildings and sites that are normally off limits are thrown open to the public.
- Who: Open House New York 2015
- What: Public has access to a variety of historic and important NYC buildings
- When: All day Saturday, Oct. 17 and Sunday, Oct. 18. (See OHNY 2015 schedule)
- Where: Designated buildings within NYC’s five boroughs
- Cost: Mostly free, but certain buildings require payment and reservations
From historical to contemporary, residential to industrial, hundreds of buildings and sites across the five boroughs will be free to visit.
Some sites on the tour: