David Letterman might hail from Indianapolis, but his prickly affect and smart-alecky style were clearly made for New York City.
Dave gave us a less-than-cloying interview style, innumerable goofball tricks, and best of all, he riffed on mundane stuff we encounter every day like the Hello Deli and Small Town News. And of course, it goes without saying that his Top Ten list has been copied and coveted for decades.
And now, 6,026 episodes later (shows 6,027 and 6,028 happen tonight and tomorrow night, respectively), we present our very own Top Ten List of Zany NYC apartments.
10. Why should Versailles get all the murals?
9. Care to see my petrified wood collection?
8. Purr-fect apartment for Siegfried and Roy
7. Yeah, so the shower’s in the kitchen – you got a problem with that??
6. And suddenly, we’re in an animated TV show
5. I’ll take 5 of those and 8 of those…
4. Five drinks and four doors later… which one is my place?
3. “Home needs TLC.” Uh, how about a wrecking ball?
2. Don’t wear black or we’ll never be able to find you.
1. C’mon – this is New York, not San Francisco!
Thanks Dave — it was an excellent party.