if you are long GE you may want to re-think that / same with banks/retail and the whole market
Started by HT1
over 17 years ago
Posts: 396
Member since: Mar 2009
Discussion about
boy - if these stories are for real - forget about Manhattan RE or the so often mentioned 50% decline will be reality soon
Read this:
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/19/news/companies/lashinsky_buffett.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2009042006
Nobody ever heard of "tangible common equity" before last year.
I sold out last tuesday - Ge and Bac. Glad I did. Not sure when to get back in. How much of a retracing do you expect?
i think you need to see how much momentum this gains.
alot of companies (i think 66%) are beating estimates so far, but the analysts had been very busy chopping expectations down to nothing, so i think you need to wait until someone comes up with p/e estimates sector by sector to see where they'll fall.
They also happen to not really be beating expectations... when you subtract the gimmicks (like adding a month to the year!), Goldman didn't beat for instance.
mere pesky details. where is that devil?
I know - gs left out all of dec losses. bac had a 1.9 billion dollar one time sale. blah blah blah.
http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS180066+06-Apr-2009+BW20090406
I hope Weiss is a total quack. But, it would make the recent comments about nationalization make a lot more sense.