Are you fed up with shelling out rent each month and having nothing to show for it? Did you decide 2016 is the year you’re finally going to buy your first apartment in NYC? Whatever your reasons for taking the plunge and buying your first home, we’re here to help.
At StreetEasy, our goal is to provide the most accurate real estate information so that you can make smarter decisions about buying, renting and selling in NYC. With this in mind, we’re organizing a unique (and free) event to help guide you through the buying process.
On Saturday, Feb. 6 from 9:00 a.m. – noon at The New School’s Tishman Auditorium, StreetEasy is hosting a First-time Home Buyers’ Seminar (click image to register):
The event will kick off with an overview of the NYC market with our own data scientist Alan Lightfeldt presenting, followed with a panel of experts presenting valuable insights about how to navigate the market as a first-time buyer. The panel will be moderated by veteran real estate and travel reporter from the New York Post, Zachary Kussin, who went through his own first-time buying experience in the city just last year. Later, a panel of recent buyers will share first-hand tips and stories about the do’s and don’ts of purchasing a home.
Panelists and speakers include:
- Matt Daimler, VP of Strategic Initiatives, Zillow Group and StreetEasy
- Alan Lightfeldt, Data scientist, StreetEasy
- Zachary Kussin, Real Estate and Travel Reporter, New York Post
- Linda G. Maryanov, Attorney at law, Zimmerman & Maryanov
- Dale Robyn Siegel, President and mortgage broker, Circle Mortgage Group
- Ralph Modica, Real estate broker, Compass
- Susan Daimler, General manager, StreetEasy
Some of the information that will be covered:
- What NYC neighborhoods are best for first-time buyers?
- What are common mistakes NYC first-time buyers make?
- Condo vs. co-op vs. “condop” vs. single-family home – what’s right for you?
- Why is preapproval so important?
- Are co-op boards as tough as everyone says?
We understand that buying a home can be a confusing, emotional process, especially in a market as complex and competitive as New York. Our First-time Home Buyers’ Seminar will offer educational value for anyone attempting to navigate the buying process. Attend the event and you’ll walk away with the confidence you need to make one of the biggest, most challenging decisions of your life – buying a home in NYC.
Don’t forget to register for the event – we hope to see you there!