Skip Navigation

Are there any more sideline SELLERS?

Started by w67thstreet
over 17 years ago
Posts: 9003
Member since: Dec 2008
Discussion about
Just curious, it seems that if I get into a deep conversation with an acquaintance that bought in 2001-2007, they are pretty much in the "yeah, I should sell, but yada, kids, yada, hassel, yada, wife" ain't gonna test this market. Which leads me to believe, they want to sell but are keeping their heads up their arse. Any sellers not listing to see where market is in 1 to 2 years?
Response by columbiacounty
over 17 years ago
Posts: 12708
Member since: Jan 2009

i think it is more about the hassle factor, general inertia and perhaps a little dose of not wanting to know the real deal. kinda like how i don't click on the unrealized losses button on my brokerage account on line.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by w67thstreet
over 17 years ago
Posts: 9003
Member since: Dec 2008

:) yep....until tax season... I avoided that button...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by NWT
over 17 years ago
Posts: 6643
Member since: Sep 2008

You guys sure have me pegged. Am fully convinced of the wisdom of the unload->rent->rebuy strategy, but for each of cc's three reasons, plus more that're even worse, can't get my ass in gear. The latest is: "If we had kids, we'd do it. As it is it'd just be more for nieces and nephews." Whenever I think of all this I feel as if I'm a boxed example in a Psych 101 textbook.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by columbiacounty
over 17 years ago
Posts: 12708
Member since: Jan 2009

pretty funny...if only we had kids...having them is supposed to be the excuse for not doing anything. anybody here watched "lost" a couple of seasons past with the guy hitting the button every two hrs. same idea but in reverse.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by jimstreeteasy
over 17 years ago
Posts: 1967
Member since: Oct 2008

I have posed this question before on here. The issue is: are there any, or better put, when will we see, strategic sellers who want to preserve capital.

This is a bad trade. The first rule of investing is preserve capital. Cut your losses. But, ironically, in a city of finance types, we see denial. So....who knows. This is the window of opportunity for those who are prescient to get out. Soon it will be too late. I think. Maybe I am wrong.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment