Anyone want a laugh, check out this ONE bedroom....
Started by UESBandit
over 17 years ago
Posts: 328
Member since: Jan 2009
Discussion about
Ok, so we have seen some funny things on this website before. HOWEVER, I officially nominate the following as the most offensive (in a bad way) apartment in NYC. http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/398831-coop-5-east-75th-st-upper-east-side-new-york I dont even know where to start. First, $6.5 MILLION for a one bedroom??? Second, you dont even get a full second bathroom for that price?? My personal... [more]
Ok, so we have seen some funny things on this website before. HOWEVER, I officially nominate the following as the most offensive (in a bad way) apartment in NYC. http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/398831-coop-5-east-75th-st-upper-east-side-new-york I dont even know where to start. First, $6.5 MILLION for a one bedroom??? Second, you dont even get a full second bathroom for that price?? My personal opinion is that if I am spending $6.5 Million on a place, I want to know that I dont need to wait in line if nature calls. Third, as if $6.5M wasnt offensive enough, you need to fork over an additional $4k per month in maintenance. My prediction is this place will ROT on the market for years, unless they cut the price down to less than $2M. Even then I cant see anyone buying it, as its quite possibly the tackiest apartment on the planet. It looks like they had Liberache as their interior decorator...... [less]
I think this must be a joke.
who do you think lived here?
Unfortunately I don't think it's a joke. 2200 sft is pretty large even though a 1 bed. But it is ridiculously priced $2500/ppsf and $4K maintenance. Although I was drooling over the 4 fireplaces!! It'll take a while to find some fool to buy this place at the current price point. My guess on what it should be is $1.5M max.
Hard to find comps for that kind of thing, but floors in those big wide park-block UES houses always get a big premium compared to equivalent space in an apartment building. The furniture is just personal taste, but when the building was constructed that kind of detail cost many multiples of what went into an apartment building or a spec house. These owners will have spent many hundreds of bucks per square foot to restore all that. No clue whether the particular buyer this needs is around right now.
Anyone who pays (or PAID) $6.5M for a one bedroom is a complete idiot. I dont care if the place has 12 fireplaces and a robotic maid, at the end of the day there is ONE bedroom and ONE full bath. This place will struggle to move at 1.5M, which will likely be one of the largest price cuts on the market....
plus, i assume its a walk up.
You or I wouldn't buy it, but this place is a whole other market. The few people who'd want it, can afford it, and can get approved by the board will probably sit tight for awhile and see what happens.
It's sort of like the two-bedroom at 834 Fifth that just went for $29,000,000. Ms. Tisch liked it, could afford it, etc., so bought it.
You see, this is the type of apt that is so unique and defies simple pricing. Aside from the desirable stting as described by NWT, I bet this queen (wink, wink) spent a lot of money fixing up his apartment, using everything top of the line custom made, under the supervision of a Hollywood stage artist... I know people like that. And they do expect to get $6.5M for it. In today's climate, these units must be next to impossible to sell, but there are enough queens out there who, in the right economic climate, would love to purchase such properties.
In short, you can't simply look at it in terms of comps based on the squarefootage and the maintenance fees.
UESBandit, this apartment will sell for much more than $1.5M or $750 per sqf.
This is not you average 5th av apartment, you can't compare it to any 2200 sqf apartments in a building that has 20, 30 or more apts. Renovation will probably cost the owner 1M or so.
There is always someone who want what no one else has/can afford
If u buy at $6.5MM, I will hound you relentlessly on SE for buying this thing... do me a favor and buy a well priced $4MM unit and send the $2.5MM to Dafur.. okay or better yet buy Darfur for $6.5MM.....
Has an elevator, and on the main (second) floor.
David, everybody's seen your place by now. Enough already.
WOW, that apartment is gorgeous. It looks like a freakin palace that the Queen of England would live in! I would kill to see that place in person.
Columbus stop try to sell your small crap apartment via discussion on SE. It's overpriced at $780/sf.
Check out Columbus' kitchen. I have never seen a kitchen so small in my life. Where are the counters?
and the write takes up more space than the entire apartment.
Can't compare this one to normal apartments. Maybe the kind of thing a corporate exec or foriegn country might buy as a dignitary/VIP pied-a-terre? And it's actually only $5.5M -- the mandatory powdered wigs are $1 million included.
That apartment would be good for an ambassador or anyone who is not spending their own money on buying the place.
"the mandatory powdered wigs are $1 million included."
Bring back the Whig Party! I'm sick of Dems and the GOP!