Skip Navigation

UWS Classic 6 under $1M

Started by want2buy
over 17 years ago
Posts: 5
Member since: Mar 2009
Discussion about
175 W 93rd 2C just listed in ACRIS as selling for $950k. What is most amazing about this sale is that not only is it a real classc 6, but it is not even the worst possible 6. It is not first floor, not a total wreck, not the worst building or the worst location. It even has 2.5 baths and no board approval. Does anyone know if there are issues with the building or sponsor or is this just a sign of the times? I'm surprised by the sale/list spread, but I guess I should not be at this point.
Response by aptmaven
over 17 years ago
Posts: 26
Member since: Apr 2009

Ah, the Westwind, I was in there once. It didn't look bad although the hallways could use some sprucing up.

Is this causing people heartburn?

"The underlying mortgage is $6,000,000 with a fully amortizing loan at 8.75% over 25 years."

The interest rate is a little high, maybe they could look into refinancing to save some money.

Why isn't this one selling, after numerous price chops?

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/375232-coop-175-w-93rd-street-upper-west-side-new-york

I really don't know what is going on, maybe lots of rent stabilized people in the building and somewhat high maintenance? What percentage is tax deductible?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by West81st
over 17 years ago
Posts: 5564
Member since: Jan 2008

To my eye, #2C had some unique problems. One that really troubled me (as a parent and a survivor of the 70s and 80s) was that the windows on one side of the apartment looked really vulnerable to intruders. The views are pretty unappetizing too. Still, it's movement.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by happyrenter
over 17 years ago
Posts: 2790
Member since: Oct 2008

not the worst location, but definitely not good.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment