Sale at 505 East 79th Street #6L
Started by lreev01
over 17 years ago
Posts: 23
Member since: Feb 2009
Discussion about 505 East 79th Street #6L
you say mud block is bad. I kindof like midblock, or else an apt on a corner building that is off the avenue due to noise. I'm a bit sensitive because I had an apt that I loved on third ave in Gramercy when I was younger with double pane windows. When the windows were down it was fine but not perfect, but with the windows open it was unbearable.
that is mid block, not mud. sorry
That's fair - to each his own. I included it as a "bad" when really it is just a personal preference. Not my own personal preference because it feels a little hemmed in and light/air is a consideration. (In this building, that is somewhat mitigated due to the buildings across the street being landmarked).
Price needs to come down about $300K for it to be competitively priced in today's market.
wille you should know better......The fair market value of an apartment is based on supply and demand. This building's financials are amazing and Prices in this bulding are currently going to contract on a "price per square foot basis" far above your suggestion for #6L.
a 250k reduction would be reasonable given the not so low mt.
i'd just add that it is in a challenged location for many, and that to buy it with 20% down and a 6% mortgage you'd be paying around $7000 a month for a cookie-cutter apartment, albeit one that is on the large side. someone might do it, but why i'm not sure.