Yankees face reality
Started by bronxboy
over 17 years ago
Posts: 446
Member since: Feb 2009
Discussion about
Well, the Yankees faced reality and lowered prices on many of their seats knowing they had to in an economic downturn. When will brokers and sellers recognize reality?
LOL, never RE only appreciates.
bronxboy, did they reduce the luxury box prices? that would amuse me, but what would make me happy is if they reduced the tickets for "normal" people. my husband took my daughter and three of her friends to a game last year (he loves baseball) and it cost something around $400 for the evening.
I think more than just the luxury seats are overpriced and most fans agree. I was shocked when I went online yesterday and had the chance to buy seats anywhere in the park for the Yankees-Red Sox games next week. That was just not an option the last several years. Who on earth would agree to pay $2600 for a single ticket to a Yankees-Royals game? I am guessing there are more cuts on the horizon. It's very sad that most real baseball fans can't afford to take their families to games anymore.
"Who on earth would agree to pay $2600 for a single ticket to a Yankees-Royals game? " the same people who bid nyc apartment prices over $2,000 a sq ft. oops, they're all gone. now what?
See this link from the NYT
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/29/sports/baseball/29tickets.html?_r=1&ref=sports
columbia, I actually don't think those prices would have worked pre-recession with the $2000 sf crowd. Those are prices paid for Worls Series/Superbowls during the boom time and just make absolutely no sense now or a few years ago. The Yankees got greedy and will see the backlash continue.