Skip Navigation

$729K conforming mortgages

Started by Scotty
over 17 years ago
Posts: 3
Member since: Mar 2009
Discussion about
Has anyone had any luck getting a conforming loan up to $729K (the 'new' limit). I have called a number of banks and it has been very frustrating. If you have had better luck, can you just name the bank, I will take it from there... Thanks.
Response by jake
over 17 years ago
Posts: 277
Member since: Jan 2007

I have heard chase mortgage is moving to the new 729k limit next week. they are charging .75 point premium for jumbo conforming up to 625k and I was told the same would apply up to 729k.

where are the trolling mortgage brokers? shong? anyone? buhler?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by naristy
over 17 years ago
Posts: 1
Member since: Nov 2008

well fargo just approved it this past weekend.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Scotty
over 17 years ago
Posts: 3
Member since: Mar 2009

Thanks, that is great. Wells was like the only large bank that I had not tried... I also heard that chase may able to quote this next week, but hadn't heard about the .75 points.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by shong
over 17 years ago
Posts: 616
Member since: Apr 2008

we were told any day now. hopefully soon.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by printer
over 17 years ago
Posts: 1219
Member since: Jan 2008

shong - not in the mkt, just a question - what would be the current rate for a 30yr fixed in an existing co-op, 25% down in that range be? (700k mtge)?

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment