333 West End Avenue #5A
Started by westsiderocks
over 17 years ago
Posts: 2
Member since: May 2009
Discussion about
Ridiculously over-priced, especially considering the views of nothing-special-West End Avenue and dark, depressing interior/ back of building. Kitchen (touted as high end selling point) feels like an expensive, but poorly-designed maze. Upon immediate entry, obnoxious broker begins to bash also-for-sale #3B, which isn't for me, but does have more space, better layout, better price, superior views of townhouses & Collegiate, and far more potential.
I think 3B has a lot of potential. If you look at the layout of 9B, you can see how the apartment can be reconfigured to make it ideal for a family. I am surprised this one is still on the market. At this point, you could probably get it for under $2M, 9B sold for $3.2M at the peak.
I agree -- 3B has amazing potential. That's why I was appalled that 5A's broker slammed 3B. They're just trying to justify their extreme pricing, I know, but it's a joke considering the great bones, space & views in 3B.
3B has good potential but:
1. It needs work.
2. All three bedrooms face West End on the 3rd Floor (noise).
9B is just not a legit comp at all. It has far less of a noice problem and it has open views to the north whereas 3B is closed it. It will be a lovely apartment, but it will not compare with 9B. 9B is a comp for 12B, which is on the market for around # million.
5A is ridiculous. It shouldn't trade for much over $1 million.
How does a six offering at the same price as a seven slam the seven? The world has gone mad. Yes, 5A is like a $1.3mm apartment and falling. There are sixes all over the place trading in the $1.3-1.6mm in better places than West End.