For those of you going to Europe this summer ...

Started by nyc10023
about 12 years ago
Discussion about
BA is having a 2-for-1 sale on its Club World (business class - flat beds!) fares. It works out to $1300ish (including taxes)/person. Fares need to be booked by today.
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

DAMN, i got that price last year for Virgin business, but this year i went ahead and booked already. at least i have a day flight.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

Only popped up 5 days ago.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

First time I've actually paid for this. I'm too cheap to even go for Premium Economy. But extenuating circumstances this summer.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by ab_11218
about 12 years ago

this is 2007 economy prices.. WOW

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

Not quite. I've never paid more than $800 (even at ht of summer) JFK-LHR on BA.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

last year premium economy to London was only slightly more than direct to France, and so we spent some time in london and took the Eurostar to Paris. It cost a bit more, but not much. i'm pretty cheap (very, really), but not as much in terms of travel (and the swine and wine, of course), although i do find some marvelous bargains. good find on the BA. also, for those travelling to LA or SF, last year (haven't checked this year) Virgin had some amazing deals for premium economy.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

Yeah, I've binged on the real estate - have to maintain frugality in other areas. My argument (with myself) every time is that I get there just the same either way.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sniper
about 12 years ago

Virgin "upper class" is my favorite way to travel. i enjoy it even more than a private plane, especially coming back from the UK. the Virgin lounge at Heathrow is is as good as it gets pre-travel.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

a couple of years ago one of the flight attendants in VA's upper class asked my husband if he'd had a go at the touch girl. he was a bit taken aback, but later found out she was referring to the complimentary massage available.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
about 12 years ago

In case anyone doubted that Streeteasy is dedicated to upper middle class Manhattanites, this discussion is proof.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sniper
about 12 years ago

why do you say that ranter?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 12 years ago

aboutready, just because you bought at the frothy peak doesn't mean you can't get in on post-crash prices. Just call BA and have them issue a voucher for the difference [most airlines will, but I'm not absolutely certain about BA].

I'll be in London and Budapest, late June to mid-July. Where youse?

ranter: "Bow, bow, ye upper-middle-classes..."

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

You can still book today - I thought yesterday was the 26th. Just priced out Virgin Upper Class - it's 2kish.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sniper
about 12 years ago

does BA give you a "sleep suit?"

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

alanhart, i booked on american, not at the top of the froth, a mere few weeks ago, when coach was finally down below $800. they are most definitely not having a sale. i've got to use all the miles i have on delta and american and then rid myself of my allegiances. virgin used to be associated with delta's program, but they discontinued that when they started their own US flights. BA doesn't give credit for the NYC to London flight, or at least they used not to.

such is life. we will also be in london the end of June, and then three weeks throughout France. I've heard wonderful things about Budapest.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by chunderboy
about 12 years ago

aboutready, lol, touch girl. I must say, I have never heard that, I wish to hear that soon.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by chunderboy
about 12 years ago

I will be on Virgin America going to SFO and will shortly be going on VA to London. I just checked on line and the most expensive package (ex limo driver) was 1,300 USD round trip to London. Not bad at all

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by mimi
about 12 years ago

AR I am arriving in NY on June 12th. How should I contact u? I remember you posting an email here in SE, but lost track of that thread...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

mimi, aboutreadyse "@" gmail. it will be great to meet you!

chunder, a superficial goal, perhaps, but I'm with you there. now, though, companies are not allowing their employees to fly upper class, and i'm finding the frequent flyer spots are becoming easier to get. i'm just about to redeem for business class tickets to Buenos Aires, for less miles than they were going for last year.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by trinityparent
about 12 years ago

I'm flying to Blighty on miles next week -- but don't let anyone in England hear you call it "Europe"!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

LOL. When the English rejected the euro, our English family (the oldies) were jubilant. Their reaction to the euro & Chunnel - what on earth was winning the war for?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by dwell
about 12 years ago

nyc10023,
Thanks for the head up on cheap fares.

Mimi,
Do you live in Europe? If so, do you like it?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 12 years ago

I like when Brits sneeringly refer to "Continentals".

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sanba PRO
about 12 years ago

I took advantage of the sale last Friday when I received the email and I'm flying on BA in August!
Great deal btw

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by trinityparent
about 12 years ago

10023, Then you've heard the expression "Wogs start at Calais"

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by mimi
about 12 years ago

Hi Dwell,
no, I live in the southern hemisphere. My father and my grandparents were born in Europe. I love it, but I never really wanted to live there.
Sanba, it gets cold in Buenos Aires in august (winter.) Nothing like NY, though. But you'll need a sweater and a jacket.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
about 12 years ago

TP: haha.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Mhillqt
about 12 years ago

my trip was cancelled since my family lived in LAquila Italy where the earthquake hit.....was going to take my parents for 50th wedding anniversary to see our family and town again......more to life than nyc real estate....

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sanba PRO
about 12 years ago

Thanks Mimi but I meant British Airways to London

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 12 years ago

mhillqt, so sorry for your family's loss. congratulations to your parents, that's an amazing achievement!

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment