Mortgage Broker

Started by anonymous
over 13 years ago
Discussion about
Is one really different from another if they are from a legit firm (Manhattan Mortgage, Preferred Empire, etc.)? Dont thtey all pretty much have access to the same rates?
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

I think so, so really it's about service. It's like picking a financial advisor or broker.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

Yes, there are very big differences between individual brokers (in the same firm) as well as firms.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

These posts where everyone tries to understand the entire mortgage industry in one thread are funny.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

#1 you clueless moron, do you consider all car mechanics created equal, even though they work on the same cars with the same parts? Dont they have different levels of expertise, service and pricing?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

All real estate agents, lawyers, painters, and carpenters have exactly equal expertise and talent. There is no differnce you get the same high quality of service no matter who you pick.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

#5 and #6

So BRILLIANT . . . I am glad that you know everything about mortgages and know that everyone has the same bank relationships.

The point of the post was -- do all brokers have the same access to the same products -- or are there "exclusives" that some brokers have with banks. Obviously one person can provide more "service" -- which in the case of a broker means showing up and getting you paper work.

I guess it was wishful thinking that registration would raise the quality level of feedback. Just not sure what value your comments provide other than to be jerks . . .

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
over 13 years ago

#4 I'm sure makes a good point, but I'd certainly like to understand it a bit better. I've known many people who've asked me if they should use a mortgage broker, or work with their existing mortgage bank, etc. I have no clue.

For example, are mortgage brokers (frequently) able to negotiate a better rate for a refi than my bank will offer me?

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment