building at 347 West 55th Street

Started by Jake10
over 8 years ago
Hi there, Would love to hear anyones thoughts on this apartment building. The studios apartments look nice and big and the prices seem very decent. How is it living inside this building? Is it quiet? Are the walls thick or thin? Any bug or rodent problems? What are the tenants like? Young or old people? What is management/super like? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again -
Response by kcarscaden
over 8 years ago

i would pass and go to 888 8th ave

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Jake10
over 8 years ago

Thanks kcarscaden. Curious as to why?

888 has nice newly renovated apts, but it's too expensive for my budget. And, I really don't want to live on such a large and busy main avenue like eighth.

Thanks much -

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by pier45
over 8 years ago

888 will only rent through brokers, and for some reason seems to favor the ones at the bottom of the barrel. Back to the original question, go see the apartment, then spend ten minutes out front on your cell phone around 6 PM, and you will get most of your answers.
For this price and apartment size I suggest looking for no fee options. You won't want to live there more than a year or two anyway.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by jim_hones10
over 8 years ago

pier45
1 minute ago
ignore this person
report abuse
888 will only rent through brokers, and for some reason seems to favor the ones at the bottom of the barrel. Back to the original question, go see the apartment, then spend ten minutes out front on your cell phone around 6 PM, and you will get most of your answers.
For this price and apartment size I suggest looking for no fee options. You won't want to live there more than a year or two anyway.

by bottom of the barrel do you mean ones that wouldn't negotiate their fee with you?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Jake10
over 8 years ago

Thanks pier45, much appreciated!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sammy300
over 8 years ago

It's a very nice block. The building is not bad. I looked @ a one bedroom there about 6 years ago. It was huge. It's a mix of older & young professionals as tenants. I liked it & at that time I found the rents in the building to be much lower than comps. Also I could get the place directly from the building management & not thru some sleazy broker. I didn't go for it cuz I really needed a true 2 bedroom.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Jake10
about 8 years ago

Thanks for the info sammy300. I really appreciate it!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by greensdale
about 8 years ago

>
jim_hones10
2 days ago
stop ignoring this person
report abuse

>by bottom of the barrel do you mean ones that wouldn't negotiate their fee with you?

Jim, you said that last year you were giving away a free personal training session. Is that no longer the case?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by columbiacounty
about 8 years ago

SE why?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by greensdale
about 8 years ago

Jim Hores, please answer C0lumbia C0unty.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by columbiacounty
about 8 years ago

SE why?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by jim_hones10
about 8 years ago

sammy300
3 days ago
ignore this person
report abuse
It's a very nice block. The building is not bad. I looked @ a one bedroom there about 6 years ago. It was huge. It's a mix of older & young professionals as tenants. I liked it & at that time I found the rents in the building to be much lower than comps. Also I could get the place directly from the building management & not thru some sleazy broker. I didn't go for it cuz I really needed a true 2 bedroom.

so the apartment you wanted you couldnt have because you didn't have a broker to help you?

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment