Skip Navigation
StreetEasy Logo

Rufus mystery solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by RR1
about 15 years ago
Discussion about
A moderator from Wall Street OASIS matched Rufus mystery solved! He was REJECTED from Columbia and has hated NYC ever since and took his rejected ass to the unemployment office and got a job on the Chicago Board of Tourism I'm guessing. LOL!!! He loved NYC before Columbia rejected him: "got rejected at columbia business and am pretty devastated.""Oh well. I have to spend an extra year in shitty... [more]
Response by RR1
about 15 years ago

Another Rufus post under, a new screen name:
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/chicago-1

Typical Rufus posts re: "The stench of NYC"
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/nycs-horrible-stench-during-summer

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by w67thstreet
about 15 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.... nothing like a little haterade at an impressionable time to make you a haterader for life... oh well... u should've studied harder... or maybe your brain isn't that capable... :(

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 80sMan
about 15 years ago

Rufus: "Oh well. I have to spend an extra year in shitty Chicago and reapply for round 1 next year."

And now he calls NYC shitty? I seem to remember one of Aesop's fables about a wolf not being able to reach the...sour grapes.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

So Cracker Boy is Fidel Castro . . . the #1 fan of the US, baseball playing All-American Boy, until he was rejected by US govt., and thus began decades of cantankerous posturing.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Prada_Addict
about 15 years ago

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwwww, he was right when he said he was "pretty devastated" by the rejection because it looks like he went mental right after the rejection since he immediately went apeshit on all the NYC forums he could find to bad-talk the city.

the scary part is.......he hasn't stopped ever since! That was more than a year ago!

Rufus, compose yourself take your devastated arse to a psychiatrist. You need help.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

At least he wasn't rejected from art school.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 407PAS
about 15 years ago

Alan,
I think I get your reference and find it chilling. Let's not push the guy over the edge.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kodo
about 15 years ago

great find OP. Now we can all direct rufus to this post whenever he talks again

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

From "Is NYC that fun?
by jjc1122 on 7/9/07" . . .

"I've been to NYC several times but haven't really partied extensively. But almost everyone I've talked to who lives there tells me how NYC is so much fun and doesn't really get boring, people are interesting, etc. To what extent is this true? What makes NYC so much more fun than other cities like LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, etc.?"

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by divvie
about 15 years ago

"What is your point? How did you find this ridiculous discussion? I think the key question here is do you have a life/any friends?"

Great early quote.

This is too funny.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by waverly
about 15 years ago

What an excellent find!

Hey Rufus - hahahahahahaha!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 407PAS
about 15 years ago

Ok, enough hating on the guy. I know he has been busting on New York forever but it doesn't matter, all places have their faults. New York can fulfill people or destroy people. It isn't all one big party to live in New York. Everything can get boring, it is the human condition. Who can define fun anyway? I hope the guy is happy, no matter where he decides to live.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

Agreed, we should try to be understanding. For example, now I understand why Cracker Boy was unable to name a single food store on the Upper West Side. Or tell us which way the traffic runs on 7th Avenue -- the psychic pain must have been too much.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

I'm fairly certain Rufus suffers from dementia now.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by w67thstreet
about 15 years ago

or beauty school :(

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

I was the first one on this board to refer him to psycho-therapy, many months ago. And meds, lots of meds. And a frontal lobotomy or two. I like to help people.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kodo
about 15 years ago

i think rufus needs to get laid. but that's just wishful thinking

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

OMG, kodo! When you have lots of time, read his pre-breakdown posts on wallstreetoasis (you can click through to his profile and from there pull up everything he's posted to). His questions about chicks make him sound like his development was arrested at the age of 11.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by julia
about 15 years ago

I think everyone needs to leave Rufus alone...Free Speech! Let him say what he wants..doesn't mean he's right .

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

Did I not call it...

I said "sour grapes" months ago...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kodo
about 15 years ago

alan - i shall check them out and have a good laugh thanks

julia - free speech applies to everyone and we are just simply exercising our right too (by making fun of him hahaha)

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

There is a clear pattern after he was rejected from Columbia (and said he really wanted to be in NYC) where he posts more and more anti NYC stuff. Sour grapes is an understatement.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

Why is it taking so long for one of Cracker Boy's alter egos to claim not to be jjc1122?

For that matter, why haven't I created that username on StreetEasy to post faux-roofie replies?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

Pre-rejection
"by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 7/9/07 at 1:14pm
I've been to NYC several times but haven't really partied extensively. But almost everyone I've talked to who lives there tells me how NYC is so much fun and doesn't really get boring, people are interesting, etc. To what extent is this true? What makes NYC so much more fun than other cities like LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, etc.?"

Post-rejection
"by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 6/29/08 at 5:28pm
An article on the NY Post this weekend shows that violent crimes, graffitti, panhandling, and vandalism, are all drastically up in NYC this year. The quality of life has declined considerably, and with the recession, things will only get worse. My advice to NYC people: MOVE OUT before you get mugged, raped, or shot!"

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

Pre-rejection
"by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 6/14/07 at 10:03am
I live in Chicago but have been to NYC quite a few times and noticed a very sharp difference in the respective social scenes. Chicago seems much more fratty and bar oriented while NYC is a bit more upscale and pretentious. The girls in NYC also dress a lot better as well. I would like to hear opinions on this subject from those of you familiar with both cities."

Post-rejection
"by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 8/6/08 at 9:34am
I was talking to my friend last night who lives in NYC, and he mentioned how horrible the stench is in the city during summer. He described it as a mixture of feces, urine, and decaying garbage. I guess the main reason for this is the fact that NYC does not have alleys and people put their garbage bags on the street corners. During summer, it is bound to smell pretty bad as all the rotten garbage just lays out there.
I never understood how a city that is supposedly so wealthy cannot adopt basic sanitation standards like the rest of the civilized world. NYC is so behind other major cities like Chicago, in terms of overall urban planning and design."

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

upscale! oh my lord, its so rugus!

and alleys!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 11201
about 15 years ago

Rufus Uncovered

by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 2/15/08 at 3:14pm
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just really bummed out since I'm 27 years old, and now is the perfect time to go. And socially, I'm extremely dissatisfied with Chicago and really want to be in NYC. I just have to improve my application for next year and hope things turn out better.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 11201
about 15 years ago

This is great reading. It's SO Rufus. Here's from the pre-rejection psychosis

by jjc1122 (Senior Baboon, 190 Points) on 6/14/07 at 10:03am
I live in Chicago but have been to NYC quite a few times and noticed a very sharp difference in the respective social scenes. Chicago seems much more fratty and bar oriented while NYC is a bit more upscale and pretentious. The girls in NYC also dress a lot better as well. I would like to hear opinions on this subject from those of you familiar with both cities.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by michaelkyleh
about 15 years ago

HAHAHA, THIS IS PRICELESS!!!!!! I'm guessing Rufus got rejected AGAIN. Poor thing.

It's hilarious reading Rufus pre-Rejection and post-Rejection tone of NYC!! So dramatic!!! Pre-Rejection, Rufus is basically crying that he can't live in NYC and post-rejection NYC is suddenly "crappy" LOL!!

"Upscale", "Urban planning", "alleys",....RUFUSISMS!!!

I can't believe anyone even thought for one minute he lived in New York, "in Upper West Side". LOL!!!!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

ok, now i feel really bad for the kid.

unemployed, living at home, crying his eyes out that he couldn't move to the big city... and lashing out ALL DAY LONG because of it...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by michaelkyleh
about 15 years ago

I agree.

It's hilarious, but very very disturbing when you factor in that this lashing out has been going on, day in day out for 1 1/2 *YEARS*!!!!!! Maybe he's in a psych ward somewhere? Do they have internet access in psych wards? Maybe they do in Chicago, since it's so "upscale"! Curbed, Streeteasy, Wallsteetoasis, wirednewyork, he posts on them all day!!

Part of me wants to laugh my ass out and part of me wants to feel sorry for the pathetic nutjob.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

Another really creepy aspect is that none of his usernames match up with any others. Like you'd think jjc2211 belongs to someone whose first name begins with 'j', but noooooooo...???

Sybil.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 15 years ago

I truly dislike Rufus et al. for his (I'm assuming male) lack of compassion and his racism. I don't have a tremendous amount of sympathy for an asocial individual with near neo-nazi tendencies, so I don't hesitate to respond with derision to his comments.

Having said that, however, is it alanhart who keeps coming up with those great psych evals? The narcissistic one was spot on. This IS kind of creepy, not in that any given entry is so incredibly out there, but in that there exists this individual who spends SO much time creating entities and clearly harboring some unusual grudge.

Julia, please. Rufus is the king of hatred. He probably hates you because you can't afford Trump Chicago, yet he can't help but use your comments about how sad NYC is.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

Thanks, aboutready, but Narcissistic Personality Disorder was someone else (Waverly? Sizzlack?). My contribution included critical information on the effects of a damaged frontal lobe. Here at Streeteasy, though, it's a collaborative process.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 15 years ago

I liked the damaged frontal lobe analysis as well. Clearly I recalled your input, if not the details of same.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

Haha. Yea the NPD was me, here it is again:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy." [1]
The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others and as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power and prestige.[2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by oldbuyers
about 15 years ago

I knew he didn't live in NY or was from NY when he referred to neighborhoods such as "in upper west side" or "in upper east side". That's how Chicago referes to their neighborhoods but not applicable to how New Yorkers call those neighborhods. We would say "in (on) the upper east side" or "in (on) the upper west side".

Chicagoans don't use 'the' to describe any neighborhood.

Hopefully now that he has been totally exposed, he will find another city and other forums to vent his frustration on. He can pretend like he got rejected from Tullane and pick fights with New Orleans people.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Jerkstore
about 15 years ago

This is devastating. I enjoy Ruf's detached, unhinged, style -- like watching someone go virtually Private Pyle. You'll recall the scene on the bleachers after the soap incident... Kubrick zooms slowly in on an dehumanized, clearly psychotic Pyle, foreshadowing future devastation....

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by bmw
about 15 years ago

at least he didn't get rejected by NYU :)

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kittensonwheelz
about 15 years ago

so now that he's been exposed can we stop talking about him forever? it would be a nice change

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

> lack of compassion and his racism

Good point, I forgot about that. He is a clear bigot. I don't feel so bad anymore.

> so now that he's been exposed can we stop talking about him forever? it would be a nice change

Sure, but he has to go away first. Seems like complete exposure of his agenda is the only hope for that happening...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by justinb
about 15 years ago

HAH, I bet Rufus is reading this thread now but too embarrassed to post.

Maybe he will go away now. What a mental case!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by justinb
about 15 years ago

I wonder if he's self-reflecting and coming to terms with how screwed up he is?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

He won't go away. Haven't you noticed the way he processes inputs? No effect on output. Ever.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kylewest
about 15 years ago

I can't believe this. Rufus is a fraud? He truly couldn't "make it in NY" and he's just a bitter reject? This is shocking.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by aboutready
about 15 years ago

Rufus is kind of useful for me. NYC does get to me sometimes, as I'm sure it does many people, and yet we wouldn't choose to and don't move. I read a post by Rufus and the city immediately seems much better, not worse, and I'm just tremendously thankful that I don't live elsewhere, particularly Chicago.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

bump

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kodo
about 15 years ago

we cannot let this thread die til rufus replies and acknowledges this thread

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kingdeka
about 15 years ago

He has become so out of it that he still continues to post his usual "NYC is crappy, ghetto, project filled, dying" threads. I feel sorry for him.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by tech_guy
about 15 years ago

"He won't go away. Haven't you noticed the way he processes inputs? No effect on output. Ever."

Exactly. You could post his social security number, full name, home address, telephone number, even a link to a live webcam inside his home, and he wouldn't acknowledge it. An hour later there will be another post about alleys.

As the psych analysis definition says, "The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others". He doesn't care what we say or do. He posts purely for his own internal gratification.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

^ exactly. It's how he makes himself feel better for being rejected by Columbia. If he can't go to school here, he needs to convince himself this place sucks in order for him to sleep at night.

The disturbing thing is that it's now been going on for close to 8 months.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by tech_guy
about 15 years ago

I have to say, big kudos to Columbia for recognizing this and rejecting the loser. It would be hard to see this based on just an app and an interview (people are expected to be extra narcissistic on both, so his personality could slip in under the radar). I'm impressed that they did the right thing 2 years in a row.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

wow, still no response from rufus...

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kittensonwheelz
about 15 years ago

why is this thread still going? he's never going to respond and, on top of that, he hasn't been talking much on other threads. you have effectively destroyed him so go celebrate and let this thread die so we never have to think about him again.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

> he hasn't been talking much on other threads

Not true... he's back to his old BS, he started a new thread this am.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by michaelkyleh
about 15 years ago

RUFUS ALERT!!

http://curbed.com/archives/2009/02/02/jasper_murray_hills_second_batch_of_zombie_condos.php#reader_comments

Apparently he is "so sick and tired of all these crappy conversions of office buildings and factories" and is upset that NYC is lacking high-rise condos (even though NYC has more than Chicago)

Why the hell is he sick and tired of something 1,000 miles away from Chicago that (a) he can't afford and (b) doesn't concern him?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by STFU
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

PsychoCrackerBoy, are you denying that your the same person posting on that curbed thread? Yes or no?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

come on rufus, you can say it....

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by alanhart
about 15 years ago

By way of bumping this up needlessly . . . I meant "you're"

So, PsychoCrackerBoy, are you denying that you're the same person posting on that curbed thread? Yes or no?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by kingdeka
about 15 years ago

Remember, rufus also denied he was quantum/JohnAnthony/DivineComedy even though everyone knows he is. His refusal to admit is the last of his problems. Everyone knows his story now.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

Personality disorder, formerly referred to as a Character Disorder, is a class of mental disorders characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of feeling, thinking, and behavior. The underlying belief systems informing these patterns are referred to as fixed fantasies or "dysfunctional schemata" (Cognitive modules). The inflexibility and pervasiveness of these behavioral patterns often cause serious personal and social difficulties, as well as a general functional impairment.
Personality disorders are defined by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) as "an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it". [1] These patterns, as noted, are inflexible and pervasive across many situations, due in large part to the fact that such behavior is ego-syntonic (i.e., the patterns are consistent with the ego integrity of the individual), and therefore, perceived to be appropriate by that individual. The onset of these patterns of behavior can typically be traced back to late adolescence and the beginning of adulthood, and, in rare instances, childhood.[1]

A fixed fantasy — also known as a "dysfunctional schema" — is a belief or system of beliefs held by a single individual to be genuine, but that cannot be verified in reality. The term is typically applied to individuals suffering from some type of psychiatric dysregulation, most often a personality disorder.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

and again...
http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/talk/discussion/8239-nycs-real-estate-problem

why does streeteasy remove all other nonsense posts, but not rufus?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago

and now trying to do the same, but hidden in actual topic threads...

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/talk/discussion/7993-tribeca-looking-for-guidance-and-opinions

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by MitchWilliams
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by Sizzlack
about 15 years ago

This needs to be added to this thread as it embodies rufus...

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may also seek out others you think have the same special talents, power and qualities — people you see as equals. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.

But underneath all this grandiosity often lies a very fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10022
about 15 years ago
Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment