The studios will be open to individuals earning between $25K and $40K per year.

A new Bronx development known as the Webster Residence has opened a lottery for 80 studio apartments. The units will rent to qualified tenants for $675 per month, and the deadline to apply is March 20, 2018.

Located at 411 E. 178th St. and designed by the architects at COOKFOX, Webster Residence is the second building in the new Park House complex, which lies in the East Tremont section of the Bronx. Of its 200 units, 60 percent will consist of supportive housing for the formerly homeless or families with special needs. The remaining 40 percent are all studios set aside for individuals earning 60 percent of the area median income, or between $25,029 and $40,080 per year.

image of income and rent requirements for East Tremont housing lottery

Developed by the nonprofit Breaking Ground, with grants from the state and city government, Webster Residence will feature 24-hour security, a fitness room, a garden, a computer lab, onsite laundry, and a bicycle storage room. There is no application fee or broker fee. The building is a short walk from the Tremont stop on the Metro North Harlem line, the B and D subway station at Tremont Avenue, and a handful of bus lines.

To apply for one of the studios, visit NYC Housing Connect. To request an application by mail, send a self-addressed envelope to: Webster Residence, PO Box 3620937, New York, NY 10129.

Applications must be postmarked or submitted online no later than March 20, 2018.

Hey, why not like StreetEasy on Facebook and follow @streeteasy on Instagram?